This post is specifically directed towards leaders. Here, I list the characteristics of this spirit, attach a sermon by a pastor who speaks about it and link to other resources dealing with the Jezebel spirit.
After having to remove a person who was operating in the spirit of Jezebel with our fellowship, I decided to post some information about the Jezebel spirit.
See the Updated Series
The characteristics of this spirit are as follows:
- Arrogant and demeaning
- Controlling and manipulative
- Boasts in their accomplishments and spiritual level
- This spirit emphasizes how hard working and family oriented they are
- It tries to put you in a position of servanthood to them
- There is a spirit of fear that it makes you feel
- It is unable to be corrected – fierce responses and accusations
- Tries to contend with you in the flesh rather in the Spirit of God
- It can be anywhere: in a fellowship, at work, anywhere there is a community
- It can be in a man, woman or child
- The Holy Spirit will warn you if you’re open to hear
- Detect it by looking at the fruit rather than doctrine and good works
Video: Stop Tolerating Jezebel by Pastor Robert Morris
The second biblical account of Jezebel is found in Rev 2:20-23. Please consider the following video. This is the most comprehensive expose on the Jezebel spirit. A must watch. Very practical and useful information.
- It trys to get you to defile yourself inwardly our outwardly to disqualify you for the leadership. The Jezebel spirit hates your fellowship and wants to see you destroyed.
- People dread confronting Jezebel for fear of what they’ll get back. If you dread confronting someone in your fellowship (because of the harsh response or the cold rejection), it’s very possible there’s a spirit there.
- This is a constant battle for people in authority. The jezebel will always try to attach itself to you. Looking to get favor with key people to move up and control.
- Many people with the jezebel spirit where rejected by their father and have a dominant mother, not all, but many. There are so wounded that they don’t want to be rejected again so they control everyone.
- The subtle ways a jezebel gets in is through a best friend. They will say, “I’m called to serve you, or to be your intercessory, or your armor bearer. ” They use flattery and call themselves your helper.
How to recognize it in a person:
- Insecurity and rejection
- Lies and Jealous (envious)
- Pride and arrogance
- Manipulation and control (especially through guilt)
Jezebel wants to do 3 things:
- Steal your peace, joy and confidence
- Kill you through sickness and accidents
- Destroy you through depression and fear
8 ways to know if you’re being effected by a Jezebel spirit
- Fear (it’s a spirit of fear operating, not a person) *
- Isolation: When you want get away from everyone and be with yourself *
- Exhaustion, can’t sleep, wanting rest
- Depression (suicidal thoughts) *
- Thoughts of quitting (giving up ministry or business)
- Sexually impure thoughts rushing in *
- Strange and prolonged sicknesses
- Bizarre and near tragic/fatal accidents
How to pray about this spirit
Submit yourself to God, take authority over the enemy and rebuke the spirit. Know that the Jezebel spirit is not a strong spirit compared to God! Address spirits in God’s authority! In the name of Jesus!
Dealing with it at your congregation:
Get with God, seek counsel, take action. Address it in the person and remove him/her from all authority and from friendship, IF the don’t repent. If you don’t remove this spirit, Jesus said he will remove you and put someone else in your place. The spirit is holding up what you need to succeed, so get rid of it in Jesus’ name!
Here’s more information on this spirit. However, don’t get too deep into these sites for the information can be overwhelming and quit negative (use caution and be led by the Spirit of God): God’s Healing, Part 4: Casting out Demons